Pages

Categories

Sunday 5 March 2017

Primark / Penneys lip kit review

Hi Guys, I hope you're all having a lovely Sunday. My week off for my spring holidays started today and because its so rare that I have a Sunday off work I'm definitely taking full advantage of it by doing absolutely nothing allll day & staying in my pjs, also doing a bit of prep for my trip to Berlin in 3 days!

I went away on Monday for a night for a stay in a lovely hotel called Moyvalley hotel and golf resort and it was such a nice little break away even it was just for a night, I'd definitely recommend it to stay in, the rooms are fab and the hotel just has such a cosy vibe to it and having been a Monday night it was lovely and quiet.

Working in Penneys you see everything first (which is both a blessing and a curse), so when I saw these kylie lip kit dupes for only €4 had to buy them & try them out.


The 2 shades are 'cookie dough' - the lighter peachy shade on top and 'chocolate brownie'- the dark brown shade below.

Let me start by talking about the lip liners, the liners in these kits are so creamy making them a dream to apply, Even if I hated the actual matte lipstick I would still consider buying the kit just for the lip liner! I love using the brown liner to line my lips and blending it in and then and popping a nude gloss over it. As regards to staying power I would say the liners last pretty long, it even stayed on after eating a spicebag and that rarely happens with any liner. 

The actual matte lipsticks are really easy to apply and very pigmented, I also really like the wand as it is quite small making it easy to use. They dry very matte which I don't mind as I wear a gloss over most matte lipsticks to save my lips from going dry during the day, this may be a problem for someone who doesn't like wearing a gloss on top . They stay on well too apart from when eating oily foods (I had deep fried mushrooms and it all came off, apart from the liner) but I think that most lipsticks would and I don't have a problem with having to reapply it! 

Below are two ways that I like to wear mine:

 Here I used the brown lipliner with a nude lipstick in the middle and the NYX butter gloss in Madeline on top.
 
 This is before I applied any gloss, I used the brown lip liner and the peach matte lipstick in the centre and patted them together to blend.

I hope you enjoyed reading my little review on these lipkits and thank you so much for reading, any questions or blogpost requests send me DM on instagam (@charleenmurphy) and I'll get back to you!

Have a fab week, lots of love,

Charleen x



No comments :

Post a Comment