Pages

Categories

Monday 20 February 2017

Silcone makeup sponge review

Hi Guys!  I hope you're all good and Monday hasn't been treating you too badly. I've spent the day doing absolutely nothing (my favourite kind of days). The only semi-productive thing I done was a bit of outfit planning for Berlin which I'm so excited for, especially because I'll be seeing Drake and seeing everyone's snapchats and videos of him in Dublin has me looking forward to it so much.

I'm going to be talking about the silicone makeup sponges I picked up from Penneys a couple of weeks ago and how they worked for me. I seen loads of beauty guru's using these before Penneys got them in I was so curious to try them out.

Using the sponge with my Inglot HD foundation I definitely found that I used less product than what I would usually use when using a beauty blender, that is their main selling point, the silicone doesn't soak up product as a beauty blender would and also cleans easier as the product just wipes off.

One thing I noticed is that for some reason it made my foundation more matte looking which isn't something I would personally really go for but I do think this would be a benefit for someone who has more of an oily skin type.

The shape of the silicone sponge makes it hard to get in certain areas that a beauty blender would easily fit into like the sides of the nose and around the eye area which I found frustrating and had to use my beauty blender for.

It also made my foundation look a little bit streaky so I went over it with a beauty blender to fix it which wasted time and meant my foundation application took longer than it normally would take and lets be honest who wants that?

Pros:

- Doesn't soak up as much product as a regular beauty blender/blending sponge. so it saves product.
- Easy to clean.
- Gives your foundation more of a matte finish (may be a con to some people including me).

Cons:

- Made my foundation a bit streaky.
- It's hard to get into all the smaller areas of your face for example your eye area.
- Makes putting on your foundation take longer.


I think the fact that I ended up using my beauty blender as well as the silicone sponge says a lot and means I won't be using it as part of my everyday makeup routine. I think overall it is just more hassle than its worth for me but I do think its a fun idea and its a bit of a novelty to use and for €2 they won't break the bank if you want to try them out and see if they're for you, personally I just wouldn't use them again!

Hope you enjoyed my review and let me know if you try them or have tried them and what your thoughts on them were.

Thanks so much for reading I hope you all have a really good week,
lots of love,

Charleen x










2 comments :