Pages

Categories

Wednesday 16 August 2017

18 things I learned at 18


Hi Guys! Hope you are all doing good. So this day last week I turned 19, and, as with all my birthdays I get quite nostalgic and wonder where the hell that year went and reflected on my past year, which was by far the quickest year of my life. I actually found a diary from when I was younger with a list of '15 things I learned at 15' written on my just shy of my 16th birthday, so I thought I'd do the same again, so, I've decided to compile a list of 18 things I learnt while being 18. I'll keep it short and sweet, off we go:

    

1. No one really has any idea what they're doing.
It can feel like everyone's got their shit together but you, realize this is far from the truth.

2. You're not a 'failure' if you decide to drop out of college.
In fact, its something that takes a lot of courage because it means you're all the way back to square one.

                                                    3. Being stubborn is a waste of time.                                                                 At the end of the day, life's too short and apart from that, holding grudges/being in arguments is never fun  

 4. Not everyone is going to like you.
Harsh, but true. As they say 'You can be the ripest, juiciest peach in the world, and there's still going to be somebody who hates peaches'.

 5. Be kind to everyone you meet.
 because it costs absolutely nothing to be nice to someone.

 6. Positive thinking will help you in any situation.
People will appreciate it too.

7. Don't take yourself too seriously.
People who don't are the best kind of people to be around, life is too short to take everything so serious.

8. Go with your gut.
Hasn't let me down yet.

9. Not every situation needs a reaction.
This one takes practice...

10. What other people think of you is none of  your business.
Don't waste time wondering what people are thinking, just do you anyways.

11. Love yourself.
In the wise words of RuPaul 'If you can't love yourself, how in the hell you gonna love someone else?'.

12. Don't let the world make you cold.
There's no doubt that this world is full of evil and hatred but don't let that make you cold and blind from all of the good that also exists in it.

13. There are things that happen that are beyond your control, focus on the things you can change and not the ones you can't.
Coming from the queeeen of overthinking, this can be hard to do but it is very important to put your focus in the right places.

14. Don't be so hard on yourself.
You're still learning, you're not perfect, don't act like you should be.

15. Travelling will make you happy.
They're not lying when they say travel is good for the soul.

16. Appreciate the people who are really there for you.
Make sure to return the favour.

17. If you're still thinking about them on the way home, buy the shoes.
Because you'll regret it if you don't.

18. Don't be afraid to put yourself out there by doing something a bit different.
It can be the scariest thing, but it is always worth it.

I hope you all enjoyed that post, its a little different and I'm actually quite nervous to post it, so let me know what you think!

Lots of Love,

Charleen x

No comments :

Post a Comment